Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mission Market, Wichita KS, 11/20/2010

This craft show was at the United Calvary Methodist Church on North Rock Road in Wichita, KS. There were $50 booths and the fee was $40, which for being my 3rd show I thought was a lot of money and I was pretty nervous about it. There was a great selection of booths with not too many of one thing. The application process was typical with it suggesting it would be juried, but in the end I didn't have to provide pictures, just an item list. Since my main product is an I spy bag, I'm pretty unique anyway.

Parking was fantastic, the church was pretty big, thus it had a huge parking lot! It was also on a busy street lending itself to people driving by and stopping in without prior knowledge of the event, although the actual attendance would not suggest that actually happened.

The church had volunteers circling the booths with a complimentary snack and beverage cart. I thought this little touch was amazing and super nice of them!

The church held a luncheon and bake sale so most of the attendees were congregation members. Plus it also seemed to be an older crowd which wasn't ideal for a lot of the vendors. Even though this show seemed really slow, and low on customers at the end of the day it ended up being my best show. I sold 13 I spy bags at this event. Even though things worked out well in the end, I don't think I would attend this show again because of the booth fee and the amount of foot traffic. I give this show 3 out of 5 stars!

No comments: